The Five Do’s and Don’ts of Working In Market America
Every workplace has their own set of rules and guidelines. Market America has theirs too. Do you want to become a rising star and move up in the company? Follow the 5 rules listed for you below.
1) You need to study all the new market skills you can. You will need to apply them to your own work assignments. Learn what you can and pass the knowledge to others in the company. Sharing your knowledge is part of what makes you a success. Do you want to get somewhere? You need to help someone else achieve their goals too. You will lift yourself as you lift someone else up.
2) You will have Market America team events. These are meant to build the team up and help everyone rise to the next level. These are fun to be part of. Take your team with you. It does not make sense for you to come back and tell them what you have learned. Much of the information does not make sense unless you are there.
3) You will need a business coach. It is better to hire one early on in the process. Hire someone who has already learned the ropes and can offer some wisdom. Do not wait until the last minute. One bad decision can cost you dearly.
Everyone in Market America is a student. No one really becomes a mentor unless they are higher up. We are all students in life, so stay a student. You will stop growing once you stop learning.
4) Some of you may need to do napkin presentations for a prospective client. Drop the flip chart option because it is outdated and no longer works. Ask the person how long they can stay. Invite them to an in-house presentation with Market America if they cannot stay long. Flip charts do not give them the big picture.
5) You will have people saying no to you. Do not badger them into joining. They either will or they will not. Use an autoresponder to help you handle the people who tell you no.